Northvale’s early history can be placed back to Henry Hudson, who explored the area from the New York Harbor up the palisades. All of the land in the borough of Northvale was bought from the local Leni-Lenape Indians in 1681. In 1887, Northvale, then known as “Neuwy” was described as a quiet town of 400, mostly French & Italians, who conducted quite an extensive business in the manufacture of materials for artificial flowers. In May of 1916, when Northvale officially became a borough of Bergen County, it had a population of 827 and the highest tax rate in the County.
Town Name: Northvale
City Hall: Northvale Borough Hall
Address: 116 Paris Avenue, Northvale NJ 07647
Distance to NYC: 25 miles
Town Website: http://www.boroughofnorthvale.com/
Library Website: http://www.bccls.org
Water Service: Hackensack Water Company
Gas & Electric: P.S.E.&G./Rockland Electric
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.